Monday 15 September 2014

Convicted murder dares judge to give him the death penalty (Video)

Murderer dares judge to give him the death penalty
A gang ringleader who carried out a series of violent robberies at Dunkin’ Donuts stores, leaving two people dead, has dared a judge to give him the death penalty.
James Herard, who is serving nine life sentences for the shootings he committed in 2008, was told by a jury that he deserved capital punishment for his violent crimes, which saw him shoot an innocent bystander in the face.

But the 25-year-old – who has barked like a dog in court and laughed openly at victims as they gave testimonies – appeared nonchalant and confrontational when he addressed Judge John Hurley.
Herard told the Florida courtroom: ‘Honestly and truly, I’m not asking you to spare me. Go ahead and do what you gonna do. I pretty much dare you to give me the death sentence because I’m innocent.’
As he sat in the dock in chains and handcuffs, he added: ‘I’m actually hoping you give me the death penalty because I know the Supreme Court won’t allow me to die for something that I didn’t commit.’
Despite the defendant’s combative attitude, his lawyers are ‘totally focused on trying to save his life’.
James Herard is already serving a 125-year sentence for the Dunkin’ Donuts robberies 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts